To Get Your Library Card
- Your first card is free. The barcode on the front of the card is your access to the circulation system. You will need that barcode to check out or renew library materials, to place requests, and to use the Internet.
- Fill out our library card application – available at the circulation desk.
- You will need proof that you live in Conejos County.
- Your card may be picked up within 2 days after your apply.
- Your library card is good for one year from date of application.
- When the card expires, do not destroy or discard it. You may renew it at the desk, if in good standing (no fines, lost or damaged books not paid for).
- If you lose your card, please notify the library. There will be a $1 replacement fee. New cards may be picked up at the library.
Checking Out Items
- Two week loan period.
- 10 book check out limit per card.
- You may renew books over the phone, in the library or by e-mail. You may renew items for two extra loan periods for a total borrowing period of 6 weeks, providing there are no request for the item.
- Fines — 5 cents per day per item.
- After regular library hours, books may be returned in the BOOK RETURN box outside the library. Accurate records of fines are kept of all over-due books returned in the BOOK RETURN box or at the desk.
- Requests may be placed on items currently checked out or on order. You will need your library card and the author or title of the item you wish to request.
- You will be notified as soon as the item(s) become available for you.
- Prompt pick-up is essential as we only hold items out of circulation for one week.
Lost or Damaged Materials
You are responsible for any library materials checked out on your card. If an item is lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair, you will be held liable for the replacement costs and court and law enforcement processing costs.